If you live in a home with more than one level and mobility is becoming or already is an issue, choosing to have a stairlift installed could make your life a lot easier. There are many brands, styles, and models of stairlifts available, so how do you know which one is right for you?
This simple checklist of questions to answer before choosing the right stairlift will go over the most important things that you need to consider before buying a stairlift.
Checklist when considering installing a stairlift
- Were you able to see and try out the lift locally?
- Are the controls easy enough to use?
- Could you get on and off it easily?
- Is the lift comfortable?
- If things get more difficult, will you still be able to use the lift?
- Stairlifts have a number of safety features. Check which of these the lift has if they are important to you:
- Speed controller – the lift will start and stop without jerking and will move slowly.
- Safety sensors – if the lift meets an obstacle on the stairs, it will stop.
- Safety belt – is one included and, if so, can you fasten it easily?
- Seat locks – swivel seats have a lock so that they don’t move when you are getting in or out of them.
- Locks – lifts can be fitted with locks to stop children or visitors from using the lift.
- For how long is the lift guaranteed?
- Is there a 24-hour repair service?
- How long might it take a repair person to arrive?
- How much would repairs cost?
- Did the rep carry out a thorough assessment of you and your home?
- Did the rep provide a firm, written quote?
- Could the company arrange for you to avoid VAT?
- Did the rep provide satisfactory answers to all of your questions?
- Does the company have a money-back guarantee?
- Are you able to pay the last installment after the lift is fitted when you know that you are happy with it?
Carelift Services is a leading local stairlift company, based near Norwich, Norfolk, installing new and reconditioned stairlifts across East Anglia. We stock both straight stairlifts, curved stairlifts, and outdoor stairlifts and as we are BHTA approved so you are guaranteed to receive expert advice and customer service when choosing us for your stairlift installation. We only employ stairlift engineers, so you are always speaking with a stairlift professional, from the first call through to the installation process, and after-sales. We also offer stairlift rental, repair, extended warranties, and stairlift service packages and we even remove and purchase the stair lift.